3PL Assistant Manager
Posted Feb 24
This employer requests that only candidates within 100 miles of Torrance, CA apply to this job.
You appear to be located near Ashburn, VA, more than 100 miles from Torrance, CA.
Please be aware of this if you choose to apply for this job.
Diakon Logistics is one of the largest home delivery, logistics and warehousing companies in the U.S. Since beginning operations in 1991, we have grown into a national company with over 300 trucks operating in 24 locations throughout the United States. We are proud to serve some of the largest national retailers in the country.
Diakon Logistics specializes in providing comprehensive in-home delivery services including expert pre-inspection, preparation and set-up at white glove quality service levels. www.diakonlogistics.com
Delivers merchandise to customers by coaching and leading a team of 12-16 independent contract carriers in a bi-lingual, same day delivery environment.
· Accomplishes objectives by educating, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and counseling contractors; communicating expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; adhering to policies and procedures.
· Meets shipping operational standards by contributing shipping information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying shipping system improvements.
· Meets financial standards by monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
· Plans deliveries by reviewing production results and orders; establish and monitor delivery routes.
· Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
Bi-lingual with Spanish is required, Interaction with Client and Customers, Supervision, High Energy Level, Deadline-Oriented, Dependability, Persistence, Time Management, Customer Focus, Independence, Safety Management, Reporting Skills, Scheduling, Computer Proficient, Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
Location is open 7 days per week, weekends are required.
Salary: $44-46,000/year DOE
Employment type: Full-time
Diakon Logistics offers competitive wages and bonuses, medical benefits, 401(k) plan, and paid vacation and holidays.
To apply, please respond with your contact information and resume.