The American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), founded in 1908, is a professional organization of more than 50,000 chemical engineers worldwide. AIChE fosters and disseminates chemical engineering knowledge, supports the professional and personal growth of its members and applies the expertise of its members to address societal needs and improve the quality of life.
In this position, you will help bring the Institute’s marketing materials to life in a manner that engages the reader/viewer and generates the desired response. The Associate Designer works in all the media AIChE utilizes and may use including print, digital and electronic format. Assignments are expected to span the range of AIChE products and services including all major sub-brands. Illustration and photo manipulation/retouching may be employed in the course of a typical assignment.
•Execute design projects as assigned by the Senior Design Team or the Marketing Director
•Consult with the Marketing Leads and business owners to understand creative needs
•Offer guidance as to appropriate formats, layouts and typography as appropriate
•Develop layouts that are in brand with AIChE standards
•Identify appropriate imagery from available sources, e.g., stock photography libraries, royalty-free suppliers, AIChE photo library
•Create illustrations or photo montages as needed using standard software packages
•Render final, production-ready files in appropriate formats, i.e., print-ready pdf, HTML, etc.
•Serve as Graphic Designer for CEP, the Institute’s magazine
o Work with editorial staff to generate concepts for issue covers
o Render final cover designs
o Assist editors in article layout
o Create charts and illustrations as requested
o Generate final pdfs for upload to magazine’s printer
• In depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
•Experience with HTML, CSS and Wordpress
•Maintain standards that improve efficiency and creativity
•Maintain a strong working knowledge of all software at AIChE
•Learn new software programs as required
•Maintain proficiency by attending design workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies
•Other duties may be assigned as necessary
Interested candidates may email their cover letter and resume to the email listed on this page. Please note the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Minimum BS, BA, or BFA in advertising, marketing, graphic design, or closely related field
• 2+ years design experience, preferably with a direct mail, advertising, marketing, or in a corporate communications department
• Understanding of and ability to deliver output suitable to production requirements for short-run printing, offset printing, direct mail, email and digital media
• Excellent command of Adobe Creative Suite 2017, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver. Responsive design and after effects knowledge a plus
• Strong communication skills; client focused
• Ability to work in team environment
• Strong project management skills
• Must be deadline driven; strong attention to details a must
Interested candidates may email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
. Please note the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
American Institute of Chemical Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.