Set up and/or operate conventional, computer numerical control machines and horizontal machining centers to machine metallic and nonmetallic parts to established specifications.
1. Use blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals or other specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of work pieces, setup requirements and sequence of operations. Must be proficient with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
2. Apply knowledge of machining theory and procedures to the operation of various types of equipment and processes.
3. Set up and operate machines on trial runs to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data. May edit, prove out and verify accuracy of CNC machines.
4. Use specifications, dimensions and tolerances to machine parts as well as verifying conformance of parts. Must be able to work with tolerances within one ten-thousands of an inch.
5. Monitor processes to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required. May be required to problem solve for CNC machines.
6. Monitor processes to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required.
7. Initiate improvements to processes, parts, tooling, and equipment. Will be required to work in a team environment to ensure continuous process and quality improvement.
8. Conduct preventive and corrective actions to assure continuous process and quality improvement.
• Associate Degree in a technical discipline preferred with some related machine trades exposure
• CNC Milling experience required
• A minimum total of 3 years
• Ability to work with close tolerances
• Ability to multitask effectively
• Ability to read blueprints
• Good Math skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Attention to detail
• Good troubleshooting skills
Both 2nd shift and 3rd shift positions available