JOB TITLE: CO-MANAGER
REPORTS TO: DISTRICT MANAGER
WAGE SCALE: HOURLY
SUMMARY: To direct all merchandising, operational and human resources functions for an individual store in order to achieve or exceed planned sales and profits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Secures and counts all money in store including cash, checks and credit cards.
• Ensures all deposits are made per Brinks In-Store Safe policy.
• Responsible for all check acceptance and authorization.
• Operates and balances registers according to company guidelines.
• Keeps apprised of all store operations such as, but not limited to, utilities, fire/safety hazards, signage and store layout.
• Recruits and trains all associates at store level.
• Responsible for training all store associates utilizing the Company Training Programs.
• Prepares associate’s schedule to assure maximize productivity while maintaining payroll budgets and meeting sales goals.
• Responsible for accurate receiving and timely processing of store shipments to the sales floor.
• Secures store keys at all times.
• Responsible for all daily and weekly paperwork and balancing registers.
• Supervises the execution of all markdowns and price adjustments in a timely manner.
• Carefully analyses causes of inventory shrinkage and ensures loss prevention policies are followed.
• CO-Managers are scheduled to work 40 hours per week, and must be able to perform the essential physical functions listed below with or without an accommodation.
a) Squat/Kneel/Stoop (Frequent to continuous)
b) Stand/Bend/Walk (Frequent to continuous)
c) Twist (Occasional to Frequent)
d) Reach above shoulder (Occasional to Frequent)
e) Lift/Carry (Occasional to Frequent)
f) Push/Pull (Occasional to Frequent)
g) Use of hands (manual dexterity, grasping (Occasional to Frequent)
• Ensures low inventory shrink results and high audit scores, are achieved as acceptable per company policy.
• Ensures all merchandise refunds and exchanges are approved by management associates.
• Communicates merchandise concerns to their respective District Manager.
• Maintains a clean, organized store and stockroom in accordance with current merchandising directives.
• Assists District Managers with any information/help requested such as assisting in supervision of another store.
• Serves as a role model to associates in adhering to company policies, procedures and safety precautions.
• Maintains high standards of customer service as outlined in the company Customer FIRST Program and ensure all associates provide excellent customer service at all times.
• Maintains all appropriate documents required by the Operations, Merchandising, Human Resources, or Loss Prevention departments.
• Ensures strict compliance to all Federal, State and Local labor laws and maintains maintenance of accurate record keeping of human resources information.
• Maintains a positive work environment and addresses all associate relations issues immediately.
• Enforces policies and procedures which uphold the efficiency of the store including, but not limited to, customer layaways, customer refunds and exchanges.
• Ensures all associates information entered via the Applicant Tracking (Virtual Edge) and Human Capital Management (Workday) Systems is accurate and the privacy and confidentiality of that information is secured.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma, five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and understand documents such as general correspondence, cash reports, markdown reports and office procedures/memos. Excellent organizational and time-management skills to perform a wide range of duties. Ability to speak effectively with customers and associates of the company. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to talk and hear
• Manual dexterity is required to operate registers and telephone
• Ability to lift up to 45 lbs and move fixtures
• Ability to stand for long periods of time