Consumer Loan Underwriter
Posted Feb 23
This employer requests that only candidates within 100 miles of Islandia, NY apply to this job.
You appear to be located near Ashburn, VA, more than 100 miles from Islandia, NY.
Please be aware of this if you choose to apply for this job.
Teledata Communications (TCI), a leading software company, has an opportunity for a Project Coordinator. We specialize in developing loan origination solutions for banks, credit unions and finance companies.
This position requires a lending background in one of the following areas: auto indirect, direct, and banking, credit union or finance company, underwriting, consumer lending, or credit analyst. The ideal candidate is someone who has worked as an underwriter or business analyst coupled with some project management experience. Additionally, candidate must have knowledge of the credit bureaus.
This individual will work in a project coordinator position gathering business requirements, analyzing and understanding of client’s workflow related to our loan origination solutions. This position is a pivotal component that involves heavy client interaction, managing client expectations and an understanding of underwriting & loan decisioning processes. The role of project coordinator will be to work closely with clients, developers, quality assurance and other departments through project completion.
• Preparing proposals and Statements of Work.
• Conduct sales and product demos.
• Collaborating with the team to turn business requirements into detailed specifications.
• Collaborating with the development team to create detailed interface documents of data transfer from our loan origination system to the clients core system.
• Providing requirements to the quality assurance department for test plans and use cases to be written.
• Working with the sales department to assist in analyzing the needs of potential clients.
• Configuration and testing of client’s site.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 3 years experience as an underwriter.
• Must work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications and web browsers.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
• Strong communication both written and verbal
• Ability to learn, and process new information quickly.
• Project Management experiences a plus.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and follow up.
• Ability to understand and resolve issues quickly.
• Ability to communicate with other departments including management.
• Ability to lead meetings, drive projects, meet deadlines.
• Travel (25%)